Saturday, April 17, 2010

for your {drooling} pleasure


Wow. I never knew I l.o.v.e.d. pie so much or could talk about it for so long.

I promise, I'll stop.
After today.
Or maybe tomorrow ;)

But I have a little something for you.
You'll thank me.
I know you will.
Trust me.

My good friend, Susan, gave me these recipes.

She's one of the best cooks I know.

And if she says something is good, you know it gonna be GOOD!

So since tomorrow is Sunday, and a perfect day to enjoy dessert with your family, I thought I'd pass these along and share something yummy with you.

You can thank me now.

Or later :)

BANANA CREAM PIE

Pastry for 9-inch crust
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup + 1Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups milk
4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
2 Tbsp butter/margarine, softened
1 Tbsp vanilla
4 oz. white chocolate baking chips
2 large bananas
1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
chocolate curls, if desired

Mix sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil 1 minute. Gradually stir at least half of the hot mixture into egg yolks, stir back into hot mixture in saucepan. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in margarine, vanilla and white chips. Press plastic wrap onto filling in saucepan. Cool to room temperature.

Slice bananas into pie shell. Pour filling over bananas. Cover and refrigerate until serving time. Beat whipping cream in chilled small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Garnish with chocolate curs. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie. Makes 8 servings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FRESH PEACH PIE

Pastry for 9-inch 2-crust pie
5 cups sliced fresh peaches (about 9 medium)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp butter or margarine

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare pastry. Mix peaches and lemon juice. Mix sugar, flour and cinnamon; stir into peaches. Turn into pastry-lined pie plate; do with margarine. Cover with top crust that has slits cut in it; seal and flute. Cover edge with aluminum foil; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.

Bake until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust, 35-45 minutes. Serve with ice cream.

BROWN SUGAR PEACH PIE - substitute 3/4 cup packed brown sugar for the granulated sugar.

CANNED PEACH PIE - substitute 2 cans (29 oz each) sliced peaches, drained, for the fresh peaches and decrease sugar to 1/2 cup.

FROZEN PEACH PIE - substitute 3 packages (12 oz each) frozen sliced peaches, slightly thawed and drained, for the fresh peaches; decrease sugar to 1/2 cup.

If you have a recipe you'd like to share, send it to me in an email and I'll post it here for everyone to enjoy!

p.s. I've been busy working on some new designs that I plan to share very soon!
Just love 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment